Community Emergency Response Team – Train-the-Trainer
Two days (16 hours) (April 4 and April 18, 2020)
This Train-the-Trainer course focuses on preparing instructors to:
1. Deliver the CERT Basic Training from FEMA
2. Convey the messages and intent of the CERT Program (e.g., safety, teamwork, place in overall community emergency operations plan)
3. Assure that students achieve the objectives of the CERT Basic Training
4. Create a comfortable yet managed learning environment.
5. How to use the new CT 2020 CERT TtT instructor DVD
6. CT Statewide Citizen Corps Program Handbook (Rev. 5/2016)
Course topics include:
– CERT history, program purpose, and values.
– Materials and requirements for the CERT Basic Training course.
– Roles of the CERT instructor.
– Effective presentation of CERT Basic Training content.
– Effective coaching and demonstration of skills in the classroom.
– Practices to maximize learning.
– Effective evaluation of CERT training participants
- Must have successfully completed all of the following:
Pre-requisites for the CERT Train the Trainer course is a certificate they completed the Basic CERT Course. Active Firefighters, Police Officers, EMS personnel may substitute the online IS-317 certification in lieu of the Basic CERT Course certification.
- 20+ – hours CERT Basic volunteer training course
These easy online courses are intended to better prepare you for the CERT training.
- IS-100x Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-200x ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- Independent study courses IS100 and IS200 are both due by April 18, 2020 the end of the CERT Training the Trainer class.
- Once you have register, you must email a copies of the CERT and ICS training Certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not completed the 20 Hours Basic CERT Training class we will just hold your certificate for you until you complete the class