Training – ICS 400: Advanced ICS for Command and General Staff, Complex Incidents and MACS for Operational First Responders
This course is intended to serve as a vehicle to share proven incident management strategies and practices, as well as to enhance teamwork and coordination among all response agencies’ officers directly responsible for emergency response to a Weapon of Mass Destruction (WMD)/terrorism incident or other Incident of national significance. The course is specifically intended for those emergency response personnel who have duties that require they be directly involved in incident management or command at either a field Incident Command Post (ICP) or in a city, county, or regional Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
We recommend that you complete the following online training prior to attending this course:
- ICS-100 Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
- ICS-200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- ICS-300 Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
- ICS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
- ICS-800 National Response Framework, An Introduction
- Fundamental review of command and general staff
- Major and/or complex incident/event management
- Area Command
- Multi-Agency Coordination Systems (MACS)
This course is available to all emergency and crisis response personnel.