Training – PEDIATRIC DISASTER RESPONSE AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS MGT-43
A 2010 report by the National Commission on Children and Disasters identified a training gap for emergency responders, first receivers, and emergency management personnel that reduced their effectiveness in responding to pediatric patients and their unique needs/considerations. This course addresses pedia+ric emergency planning and medical response considerations through a combina+ion of lectures, small group exercises, and a table-top exercise.
• Introduction +o Pedia+ric Response
• Emergency Management (EM) Considerations
• Implications for Planning and Response
• Functional Access Needs Considerations
• Mass Sheltering
• Pedia+ric Triage and Allocation of Scarce Resources
• Pediatric Reunification Considerations
• Pediatric Decon+amination Considerations
FEMA/SID Number Students must register and bring a copy of their SID number to class.
Familiarity with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS) via completion of study courses IS-IOd IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 (or equivalents).