Public health recommendations have been updated to accommodate new scientific evidence, evolving epidemiology and the need to simplify risk stratification. New recommendations are based on:
- Growing evidence of transmission risk from infected persons without symptoms or before the onset of recognized symptoms;
- Increased community transmission in many parts of the country;
- A need to communicate effectively to the general public and to simplify implementation for public health authorities;
- Limitations in access to COVID-19 testing and increasing number of cases diagnosed clinically
- Continued focus on reducing transmission through social distancing of individuals in affected areas.
To continue reading about the CDC’s recommendations for community-related exposure, please click here