In 1949, the Beacon Hose Company #1 had just turned 50 years old. That was also the year this volunteer fire com-pany in Beacon Falls began providing ambulance service to the town. It all began with a Packard hearse donated by the Buckmil-ler Funeral Home in Naugatuck. The hearse was converted into an ambulance with a white paint job and a red light and siren. Soon after, firemen began answering calls in-stead of the ad hoc system previously in place. Prior to Beacon Hose providing the service, Naugatuck police would send and ambulance to town and pick up a state trooper on Main Street to answer any medical emergen-cies.
To read the complete newsletter please click here: EMS-Newsletter-17th-ed